RID fuel level reading: only 2/3 when full

Hank

with the 1150, has any one encountered this situation. full tank of fuel, but only six bars showing. i had the tank off recently to remove the engine guards [oil change access...] maybe something was affected. i can imagine no reading if so - not 2/3 only. any ideas?

yes! was just about to post with the same issue. mine hovers around the 2 bars down mark when full till the level catches up then it goes down as normal. i haven;t had the tank off recently - it literally just started out of the blue. any ideas?!

pr0ne

mine did the same after some w4nk3r dropped it while trying to nick it. left it alone and it cured itself after a few weeks so i wouldnt worry bout it yet.

Its usually the electrical connections on the right hand side of the tank, They just need to be unpluged and cleaned with a spray of wd40 put back together and hey presto. Hope that works!!

Hank said:
with the 1150, has any one encountered this situation. full tank of fuel, but only six bars showing. i had the tank off recently to remove the engine guards [oil change access...] maybe something was affected. i can imagine no reading if so - not 2/3 only. any ideas?

Happens to mine all the time. I've grown used to depending on the trip meter to keep track of the available fuel, because the fuel level indicator can't be trusted. I've been told that the electrical plug on the right side of the gas tank should be cleaned when this happens, but mine was cleaned recently and its made no difference. :rolleyes:

Question: Do you guys get different formulated fuels at different time's of the year over there?

Here across the pond, in my area, we get different fuel formulations depending on the season (MTBE to Ethynol additives). Something I just noticed this year, is that when the formula changed, my fuel gauge started acting up (again). It takes a couple of tanks of fuel before it starts working properly again.

Here across the pond, in my area, we get different fuel formulations depending on the season (MTBE to Ethynol additives). Something I just noticed this year, is that when the formula changed, my fuel gauge started acting up (again). It takes a couple of tanks of fuel before it starts working properly again.

really?! never heard of anything like that happening here - unless they do it without telling us....

Guzzler said:
Question: Do you guys get different formulated fuels at different time's of the year over there?
Yes, but I don't know how the brews are mixed.

In the summer, they put stuff into petrol to stop it evapourating too much. That's important for fuel-injection vehicles that cycle the fuel from the tank to the engine and then recycle undrawn fuel back to the tank. When tank levels are low and the weather is hot, the petrol can get pretty hot too!

In diesel fuel, they add an anti-waxing compound for the winter.

Greg

RID SHOWING2/3

AS YOU CAN SEE I'M NEW TO PC'S ETC AND HAVE MANAGED TO CONTINUE THIS SUBJECT AS A NEW THREAD AS OPPOSED TO A REPLY.PLEASE VIEW MY EXPERIENCES WITH THIS PROBLEM AS THE NEW THREAD ON THE SUBJECT.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom