Stelvio Duecento Tributo purchase.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I agree.

My friend races a Ducati V4R back in UK and both times he crashed it, it bend the frame at the headstock. Amazing bike. But not Japanese.

I work for an Italian company and its nothing like this. Warranty are super flexible and it all about the client experience and making sure their expectations are exceeded. I have a brand new car in just now. 2000km. €700,000 car. Client let battery go flat. Tow truck guy boost started it with incorrect procedure and fried a unit. Warranty covered everything even though none of it was due to a fail or fault in the vehicle.

So for sure its not Italy. Its the company. The dealership know the situation and the bike is a tool. It cannot afford to be off the road. Or i need a demo or courtesy bike. The Stelvio is amazing. But its adding up between dealer standards and factory.
Handlebars not aligned
Quickshifter not turned on.
Small oil weep.
Service lamp not turned off (and it the bike needed to be over 1500km then tell me that. It was literally 20km short.)
And now a potential fork issue that will take days in dealership to check and repair.

Its all silly things. Nonsense. All just lack of care, the final 1%. If it was a weekend toy then no issue. But the bike is my daily mode of transport.

I'll get in touch with the dealership tomorrow and get things moving.
 
As a side note, if anyone in the Northwest wants any Guzzi stuff diagnosing or coding I’m happy to help.

I fitted Oxford heated grips to the V7 as the Guzzi ones are dire, used the OEM connectors and then just enabled the function with the ODB Star, so all controlled from the menu and left switch gear and nicely integrated.

Apologies for the slight off topic post.
Very helpful offer
 
Sitting in dealership. I could keep this info to myself and make this thread appear all high fives. But it must be a real log.

Forks- checked under magnifying glass and found no issue. I rode 70km there and there was no heat in the fork when I arrived. So the small discolouration doesn't appear to be an issue at this point. Also we cant see it in the daylight. It only showed on those photos and with a lamp.

Todays issue is the screen started shaking alot on commute this morning. It moves alot on left side. The techs are working on it now and have video called Moto Guzzi area Technical manager. 4 bolts hold the mechanism in. 2 have fallen out and are gone. I took a video of it.

Apart from the Technician not activating the Quickshifter on PDI or checking bar alignment. The issue is with the factory really. Engine case bolts not torqued correctly caused that small oil weep. Fixed by just retorquing 8 bolts. All these small issues are caused by just missing the final 5%. I understand it. Its the same with cars. We had this when i worked at Porsche in UK. Taycan HV PTC heater failures due to lack of correct testing environment in development process. Moto Guzzi dont have the budget of Honda or BMW to have 1000 test mule bikes logging 100,000km each to let all these little issue show before production.

Its annoying having to leave work early 3 times in 11 days of Ownership. I think i just have a bad bike. None of the issues are any huge concern. But I still feel quite calm about it all. That once these little niggles are fixed it'll be a great bike.

Screenshot_20260914_174827_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20260914_174852_Gallery.jpg
 
2 Weeks old. 2687km.

More bits fell off. Lost a screw from the exhaust heatshield. Dealer gave me a new one. Sorted.

20260917_084100.jpg


Installed the cylinder head protection. I like it, nice clean look.
20260917_192642.jpg20260917_192709.jpg

Took the long way home and did 180km last night. Suspension is changing as it settles. Tweaked it by feel. Just little tweaks and again bike feels back to being balanced.
But interestingly I searched for owners suspension settings out of interest. I found some reddit posts and some from a Guzzi forum and it appears my setting and feeling is the opposite of what other guys have done. They all added aloud of preload all round but expecially front but backed off rebound. I've went the opposite way and to me my bine feels great. Controlled but forgiving.

I took a turn off the factory front preload. And a bit of rebound.
Left rear alone.

Currently its on
Front -
Preload 4 1/4 turns in from fully out
Rebound 8 clicks out from fully in

Rear-
Preload 10 turns in from fully out
Rebound 3/4 turns out from fully in

The info I found was guys had went alot harder on front preload. But maybe its my riding style, I found the bike ran wide easily. Where as now it is neutral when driving out a corner and still hold its line and turns. I'm quite light so maybe that is also a factor. Anyway bike feels good. Compliant and balanced.

Engine feels like its getting better again after last night's run. Feels eager to rev but strong. Brakes faded a little both front and rear. Which made me realise the standard lever adjustment is poor. Even on closest settting it's too far and makes using the front brake unnatural. So ordered a set of Isotta GP levers.

Mistral frame plugs haven't arrived.
But after alot of reading and searching bought an exhaust. Mistral Avion , it will arrive next week.

Still wiping bike down with Carpro Elixr after every ride. Makes a big difference. Bike is gleaming and dust doesnt stick.

Busy few weeks at work ahead then in Italy for training and return to head straight to Jerez for WSBK. So that will be a good long run test with luggage.
 
I wonder whether anyone in any sort of position of 'power' or an ability to get stuff done at the likes of Moto Guzzi ever read threads like these. Totally honest, not flowered up for likes etc. A 'normal' brand new Guzzi buyer may have done this no of miles in 6 months...so perhaps popping in to the dealer every 2 months doesn't seem too bad....but 3 times in just a few days with missing bolts should ring alarm bells at MG HQ..IMHO. These really are basics...fitting a screw that stays put.
Keep it coming, really interesting thread to read.
 
I agree. I doubt they will look. I'm posting on a small specialist area of a BMW site. I did look for Moto Guzzi forums but only found a US one which seemed very strange. A guy compared the bike to a Japanese I4 and thread got closed!

The frustrating thing is the bike is so good. Its different. There is passion to it and it has something that other bikes lack. Great styling and tech. That motor and chassis. Its a complete package.

But if i lay out the issues. Its all nonsense. Lack of final care.
Bars and QS down to dealer.
Loose bolts. Thats an interesting one. The service check list states "bolt tightening" at 1500km service. So maybe the factory know after built, the bike is exposed to heat cycles and vibrations it needs a recheck. So who is to blame there? The factory for not putting threadlock? Or the dealership for not doing the bolt check. But bearing in nobody actually knows what is included in the bolt check.

The oil leak returned. There is one engine bolt they couldn't acess to tighten. Its coming from there.

20260916_192919.jpg20260918_110621.jpg
 
I had similar issues on a 2023 Mandello with minor oil leaks which I fixed myself by just going over the various accessible fasteners. Same with exhaust heat shield screws, replaced a couple myself. Buzzing vibration was the giveaway for those. Clearly common problems since the introduction of these bikes.
 
For sure this is the issue. But also it seems strange that it is so much of an issue. My BMW vibrated and occasionally I had numb fingers on longer rides.

The Stelvio has the foot pegs bolted directly to the engine casing. Thats confidence in a vibration free engine! I never get numb fingers. One of the best parts of the bike is how butter smooth the engine and fuelling is. So for sure like all bikes is has vibration. But also the vibration is much smoother than any other bike. And nothing else rattles its bolts loose. Ducati, Yamaha etc.

So then maybe its incorrect torques from factory and theyre nit to spec after some time of heat cycles? Or they just needed a touch of loctite at build?

I managed to remove the triangle engine braces today and acessed with a long 8mm spanner. Got 1/2 a turn on that bolt. Just nipping it obviously as the spec is only 12nm. So maybe its now 16-18nm on the finger torque 😅

Anyway for now that appears to be all issues fixed. Suspension tweaks feel great. Waiting on exhaust and levers. Now its just a case of adding 1000's of km to it and see what happens.
 
For sure this is the issue. But also it seems strange that it is so much of an issue. My BMW vibrated and occasionally I had numb fingers on longer rides.

The Stelvio has the foot pegs bolted directly to the engine casing. Thats confidence in a vibration free engine! I never get numb fingers. One of the best parts of the bike is how butter smooth the engine and fuelling is. So for sure like all bikes is has vibration. But also the vibration is much smoother than any other bike. And nothing else rattles its bolts loose. Ducati, Yamaha etc.

So then maybe its incorrect torques from factory and theyre nit to spec after some time of heat cycles? Or they just needed a touch of loctite at build?

I managed to remove the triangle engine braces today and acessed with a long 8mm spanner. Got 1/2 a turn on that bolt. Just nipping it obviously as the spec is only 12nm. So maybe its now 16-18nm on the finger torque 😅

Anyway for now that appears to be all issues fixed. Suspension tweaks feel great. Waiting on exhaust and levers. Now its just a case of adding 1000's of km to it and see what happens.
Are you going for a complete exhaust system and doing away with the Cat?If so there are varying schools of thought about reprogramming the ECU to suit the set up

Kimbo
 
Only end can for me. I'm happy with the mapping etc. And the sound standard is good but i just want it a little deeper and more powerful- not louder. The Mistral seemed to do that from what I can hear from playing YouTube videos through speakers.

To get it mapped it needs a dyno and a good technician. I dont believe in those mail order generic maps or plug in flash boxes. My view is the map needs to be made to that bike and engine and it takes a while. Every 1000rpm and every 10% throttle opening. Even dyno guys generally just run bikes up then hit map smoothing and tweak from there. Basically pull the lean points into rough area.

Also with the warranty issues i don't want any problems. If i get 1 year and 30,000km deep and it blows an engine or something i dont want any problems. End can is post cat and doesnt change bikes process for final fuelling etc so they cant argue with that. Plan is to keep it simple.
 
I had a coolant weep on my Stelvio, fixed by nipping a couple of engine bolts
Also lost the same exhaust screw, but had a similar one in the garage, so just a 2 mins fix.

I am lucky to be 20 mins/15 miles from Jim Allan, an excellent Guzzi dealership where I bought mine, the service is excellent 👍
Also they're £80 per hour for the workshop whereas I'm sure my local Motorrad is £120/hour for my GS.

Overall an excellent ownership experience with Guzzi 🏍️👍
 
I had a coolant weep on my Stelvio, fixed by nipping a couple of engine bolts
Also lost the same exhaust screw, but had a similar one in the garage, so just a 2 mins fix.

I am lucky to be 20 mins/15 miles from Jim Allan, an excellent Guzzi dealership where I bought mine, the service is excellent 👍
Also they're £80 per hour for the workshop whereas I'm sure my local Motorrad is £120/hour for my GS.

Overall an excellent ownership experience with Guzzi 🏍️👍

No way!! You are from Falkirk! That is where I am from. I was sponsored by Jim Allans when I raced the KTM in 2012/13. Then Kawasaki in 2014. He got me the Putoline Oil Sponsorship also. Dave is a great guy.

I now live in Málaga. Crazy world. That I move to spain, buy an oddball Italian bike, then post issues and get a reply from someone from my home town.

With the bike. Yes- sounds like the same issues worldwide then. For sure this is when they state bolt tightening is needed at 1500km service. The factory must be aware of this issue.

Hopefully all good now. Teething issues sorted.
 
No way!! You are from Falkirk! That is where I am from. I was sponsored by Jim Allans when I raced the KTM in 2012/13. Then Kawasaki in 2014. He got me the Putoline Oil Sponsorship also. Dave is a great guy.

I now live in Málaga. Crazy world. That I move to spain, buy an oddball Italian bike, then post issues and get a reply from someone from my home town.

With the bike. Yes- sounds like the same issues worldwide then. For sure this is when they state bolt tightening is needed at 1500km service. The factory must be aware of this issue.

Hopefully all good now. Teething issues sorted.
Just outside Alloa? You'll know the area of course 😁👌👍
Yeah Dave's a great guy. I'm also a Blood Biker and Dave's a big supporter of Blood Bikes Scotland too👍
Having a good dealership makes things a lot easier. Also much nicer than a face less BMW franchise....
 
I had a coolant weep on my Stelvio, fixed by nipping a couple of engine bolts
Also lost the same exhaust screw, but had a similar one in the garage, so just a 2 mins fix.

I am lucky to be 20 mins/15 miles from Jim Allan, an excellent Guzzi dealership where I bought mine, the service is excellent 👍
Also they're £80 per hour for the workshop whereas I'm sure my local Motorrad is £120/hour for my GS.

Overall an excellent ownership experience with Guzzi 🏍️👍

I’ve done quite a few mail order items from
Jim Allan, as they seem to carry most of the accessories in stock, always been great service.

When I got my Stelvio, based off my Mandello experience (Which was awesome) I got home from collecting, whipped out the exhaust shield screws and replaced them all with a dab of loctite on each one.

Also popped off most of the panels and popped a dab of copper slip on the grommets for the push fit and a dab on the threads of the screws. The screws under the side panels, or more accurately the clips they screw into had a tiny amount of rust.

Still a damn good looking bike though, and “different”. Mines back from the forks being replaced, ironically just in time for the Brembo front discs on my V7 sport to fail 😂
 
BTW still love them both.

Side note, you are right IMHO about the mail order plug in maps. My V85TT was running mistral full system, intake trumpet and BMC filter and I used an Upmap device from Guarehi. Glad I backed up the standard map as I had to go back to it because the upmap was over fuelling terribly.

I know people who have had great results with upmap, but I’m a bit wary. I still don’t think any aftermarket supplier has hit the mark looks wise as the stock exhaust looks fantastic on both the Stelvio and the Mandello. Also means I can run my Motech Dusc cases without an awkward offset when I’m away on my travels.

They proved to be superbly tough when a rogue wave launched the Stelvio, along with another chaps T7 into the air and onto its side on the.Como to Mennaggio ferry this August 😃 (Only the pannier and engine bar touched down, with a scuff to the sacrificial corner of the pannier and a small scratch on the bar)

Semi on topic, I think my favourite mods are the Motech adjustable foot pegs, and the WRS short sports screen. The screen keeps my helmet in. clean air but lets plenty of air flow when lowered, and keeps the air off my body when raised and cold or wet.
 
I agree. Also guys seem to jump for dyno charts that show headline figures. But a good map isn't about 100% throttle . Even in a race bike! But more so on a road bike.

A good map is 0-10% at all revs. That is super important as that makes initial pick up butter smooth and makes the bike nice in town but also nice at lean when playing ad getting back to gas and driving when its on its side doesn't snatch and upset the tyre.
Also 20-80% throttle in 3-8000. That is where 98% of the riding is done. Thats where fuelling must be perfect and torque and power curves nice and smooth with no dips etc.

Then finally yes, 100% throttle for the big headline figure. But on the road the bike spends about 1-3% of its life there. For sure in the app data i can see every ride i hit it but really only hold it 100% for a few seconds each time out of a ride of over an hour. It probably spends less than 1min at 100% throttle.
 
You're missing half the bike. The engine has two sides. Its like another bike after 7000 till 9000. Has an extra step up like it comes on cam and pulls again. Rare for a V twin but makes it a great motor as it pulls on torque, then when it starts to tail off then the BHP curve kicks in and keeps it pulling to over 9000.
 
I do "wind it up" occasionally for overtakes, or when chasing mates on bigger bikes
But my preferred riding style is to enjoy the torque, I find it satisfying and a more relaxed way to "make progress". I do like longer days in the saddle and enjoy riding the torque around 3000-6000 rpm. Just my riding style I guess 👍👍🏍️. That's why I like big twin cylinder engines, I find them relaxing 😎
 


Back
Top Bottom