Tyres, not that old chesnut!

The Nutter

Reaction score
Hi all fellow UKGSER's,
I have been fortunate enough to sell my 2010 GS and pick up one of these new 2014 GS's with radiator thingies. However, the bike I test road was fitted with Anakee 3's which seemed ok. Bearing in mind my 2010 had Pilot Road 3's, I had a rude awakening when my brand new bike turned up with Conti Trail Attack 2's. They are frightening the holy cr*p out of me and I would rather replace them than drop my new bike in this recent unpleasant weather. They just slide everywhere in the wet, and I'm being gentle with them. I know the water-cooled hasn't been out long but has anybody fitted new tyres and, if so, what are your findings. It seems there are no Michelin Pilot Road 3's in these sizes and the Pilot Road 4's have not been released yet. I would prefer a 100% road sports/touring tyre but would like to know what experience you guys and girls have had.

I look forward to your comments in spite of the fact I know tyre choice is a very personal issue. Ride safe:nenau

Hi Nutter, just like you I had PR3's on my 2012 GS which had amazing wet weather grip and my LC14 came with Conti Trail Attack 2's. Great in the dry but shockingly sh*te in the wet. I'm waiting for the PR4's to arrive in Feb/ March next year. In the mean time I'm trying to get used to slipping and sliding everywhere!

I had Anakee 3's from new on my 2013 bike. I got 5.5k out of them. Found them excellent in dry and the wet. Now on Tourance Next (only because the dealer could not get me Anakee's). Find the Tourance Next equally as good.

:aidan

I had Anakee 3's from new on my 2013 bike. I got 5.5k out of them. Found them excellent in dry and the wet. Now on Tourance Next (only because the dealer could not get me Anakee's). Find the Tourance Next equally as good.

:aidan

Anakee 3's on mine with just over 3k miles no problems wet or dry including a wet week in Germany!! Recommended

Hi Nutter, just like you I had PR3's on my 2012 GS which had amazing wet weather grip and my LC14 came with Conti Trail Attack 2's. Great in the dry but shockingly sh*te in the wet. I'm waiting for the PR4's to arrive in Feb/ March next year. In the mean time I'm trying to get used to slipping and sliding everywhere!

I thought I may have to wait. That's 3 months of bum clenching then.

Tourance Next are excellent in wet or dry. I frequently ride on filthy minor lanes with no problem.

+1 for the Anakee 3's. I was pleased to discover that my new bike has these fitted.:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom