HP2 Battery

Harry Sheene

My bike has just sucked thru number two and at nearly 150 quid a peice for the dealers item, can anybody recommend me something that is gonna last more than a year.........:thumb

Thanks Sprout, will try and get one ordered in Singapore when I am next down there....

:beerjug:

My bike has just sucked thru number two and at nearly 150 quid a peice for the dealers item, can anybody recommend me something that is gonna last more than a year.........:thumb

The replacement battery should be replaced free. The second replacement battery came with a new warranty.

Are the batteries actually u/s each time or just in need of a good charging? I use my bike 4 or 5 times a week so it should be kept charged but I suspect the cold will kill it soon and this is it's second battery from BMW under warranty.

Ok yesterday went out for a good ride it got chilly about 1600h so pluged in the BMW electric vest for a bit of comfort. 30 miles on cough and splutter, mid
range . Is this a bat prob?:(

The local dealer compared the watts of the new battery with the old and advised the new HP2 battery is more powerful by about 10%:rolleyes:

Yes...5 months the one before,6 months the new one.:augie
So...the Odyssey PC 545 is the one that definitely fits?I can easily lose 2 kilos not to go to the dealer every 5 months for a new battery.:)

So...the Odyssey PC 545 is the one that definitely fits?
Yes. And a 1200GS battery strap will hold it in place:
attachment.php

Hello.
The Odyssey PC535,the one that Odyssey recomments for the HP2,DOES THE JOB.It's a puzzle at first and quite some work but it fits into place perfectly.(If ordered for the HP2?),they provide everything needed in the box.A metal strap,the screws needed,instructions and all.You have to attach the HP2 small plastic base of the underseat electric socket on the new metal strap.Finally all the electrics are well secured in place. :nono plastic tape.
The way to do it is to remove the rear shock AND the wheel.Then you bring the battery into place following the route through the rear shock's space upwards.
Yes,the HP2 is a true R80G/S descendant :rob

Hello.
The Odyssey PC535,the one that Odyssey recomments for the HP2,DOES THE JOB.It's a puzzle at first and quite some work but it fits into place perfectly.(If ordered for the HP2?),they provide everything needed in the box.A metal strap,the screws needed,instructions and all.You have to attach the HP2 small plastic base of the underseat electric socket on the new metal strap.Finally all the electrics are well secured in place. :nono plastic tape.
The way to do it is to remove the rear shock AND the wheel.Then you bring the battery into place following the route through the rear shock's space upwards.
Yes,the HP2 is a true R80G/S descendant :rob

My battery goes dead after about 2 weeks of no use which in Scotland is quite often. Will teh Odyssey PC 545 be any better at retaining the charge or does it just give it more umph!!

Also where is th ebest place to buy an Odyssey PC 545 from??

Many thanks

AndyT

My battery goes dead after about 2 weeks of no use which in Scotland is quite often. Will teh Odyssey PC 545 be any better at retaining the charge or does it just give it more umph!!

Also where is th ebest place to buy an Odyssey PC 545 from??

Many thanks

AndyT
I ordered it through the Touratech-Wunderlich shop here in Athens.I only have it 2 weeks on the bike but i'm sure it will last longer since it's almost double the volume-weight-price of the stock.
It's the Odyssey PC 535.

I'll have to check the model number - but I just bought an Odyssey for my 1150 from Motoworks.

Then I found out the fault was not with my battery, but was an electrical issue :blast

So I have a brand new, still in the box battery I paid just shy of £100 - if it's the right model then you can buy it from me and save a few quid...

I'll check the number tonight and get back to you if you are interested...

I ordered it through the Touratech-Wunderlich shop here in Athens.I only have it 2 weeks on the bike but i'm sure it will last longer since it's almost double the volume-weight-price of the stock.
It's the Odyssey PC 535.

I'm confused now as on another thread it says the Odyssey 535 doesn't fit and we need the 545:nenau

I'll surf the net during lunch as it would be wrong to do it whilst working:augie

AndyT

I use a battery tender and still have the OEM battery that came with the beast. OEM battery life is 2 years - 11 days (Goodbye warranty in 11 days). After my last visit to my dealer, he told me that he made an update that supposes to fix a charging problem. I must say that now when i put the battery tender after 3,4 days, the green light that indicates that the battery is fully charged comes almost right on. So i think that this update makes a difference. Except visiting or calling your dealer to ask if you have this update, buy a battery tender. Costs less than a new battery and you can keep it forever. No battery will work correctly if the bike is not charging it right. If you plan to keep the bike off for more than 10 days buy a battery tender.:beerjug:

Andy,
I have the 545 in mine. It does fit but you loose the mounts for the electric attachements (various gizmos?). I've used a 1200GS battery strap and lots of gaffa tape:augie
Addy3020 has recently posted saying that the 535 does fit - and it comes with mounting brackets for all those gizmos. He has posted pics on Advrider.

I just googled and then bought the cheapest delivered I could find.

Iv'e just been surfing trying to find where I can buy an Odyssey battery for the HP2 and the correct model and noticed at Nippy Normans they have a charger specifically for bikes with a can bus system on for £65 has anyone tried these and can they report how it performs. I note in the customer feedback section the comment that you need to use this within 15 mins of turning off the ignition howver my socket isolates itself after 15 mins with the ignition off even if I connect a charger to it before then....:confused:

Anyway I am no further forwqard in finding a supplier for an Odyssey battery for the HP2 or even which model I need:(

O should do some work now

short of time lads

but if you look on the origional posting , wunderlich mention the 535 but it does not fit ( from memory) so go for the 545
you can leave the bike for a long time and it WILL start
but another item , it you want to charge a odyssey charger FULLY you will need a CTEK Charger , it has a setting for Hawker Batteries (14.7 Volts I think) and the Best place to buy is on ebay you can if you wait get one for 40.00 quid ( I have )

regards

Gunner

Back
Top Bottom