CCM644??

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Now my little KLR250 has moved on I am looking for something else. I liked the fact that I could swap wheels over from tarmac to knobblies so I can commute and do some laneing. The CCM644 is one I am considering as long as I get both sets of wheels with it. I have done some googling and generally the reports are good. Anybody had first hand experience?

I came very close to buying a minter a few years ago but also had a well sorted DR650....
The CCM uses the Freewind engine and would have been a bit better handling but they don't have a very good reputation so am suprised you've found good reports as for a 650 it'll be fairly heavy and gutless. Push it hard offroad and it'll tie itself in knots:D

As a Duel sports bike it would be useful although you can't fit a larger tank to the CCM as you can with the DR

I have had a ccm604
Good bikes but you can't do xtreme offroading ,but I don't so it works well
Just got mt500
And mt 350 on the way .
Klr650 is good all rounder but again it's not a Ktm 450 offroader
I go on my 1200 greenlaning but again it's like riding a fat bird
Ktm640 is a very good bike ask Tim and bilco
So u need to work out what u need
But ccm644 isn't a good motor push it hard and pop goes you're ride

Buy a 650 gs for work
Mt350 for cool offroader :D

Well I won`t be getting the one I looked at this morning in Stevenage. Engine sounded fine but lots of rusty nuts, fork seals shot and an incredibly heavy clutch plus an owner whose only comment was "I just ride it"
At the right price I would have it, but it already has a bid at £1500 and I wouldn`t pay that for it even.

Back
Top Bottom