690R rear shock

sergeuk

Reaction score
Ok can any one suggest how to overcome this, On sunday I took the bike out 690R with uprated rear spring / exc forks and the front is working better after increasing the rebound which is good. The track I rode at enduroland was on a hillside, on the up hill climbs which are entered mainly after a U turn so you come down the hill then turn 170 degrees and go back up the hill 10-15mph as the day progressed the track became undulated where power is put back on to the rear wheel, which over the afternnoon forms bumps each about 1 meter in length. when riding my friends 500exc while accelerating up the hill the rear wheel remains in contact with the ground as it travels in and out of each mound giving greater traction and faster acceleration. On my 690 the sensation is that the rear is skipping across the top of each mound rather than staying in contact with the ground so the rear spins in the air then bites as it contacts the up side of each mound then spins in the air then bites again on the up side of each mound.

Any suggestions what adjustment would likely elimiate this to keep the rear in contact with the ground?This type of track is not really Rally riding but i would stillliketo gettherearworking better

Any help much appreciated
Cheers
Rog

Too much preload or compression damping? Could be that the rear of the bike is too stiff and the shock's not able to compress and absorb the bumps? Have you tried setting the static sag yet? I use my 690 for trailriding and just leave it on the comfort setting.

Or the opposite, too little spring preload, allowing the shock to go too quickly through its travel? :nenau
Mark

Hi Louis

The spring rate is 95Nm
http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk/products/Uprated_Rear_Spring

Weight with riding gear is a 17.5 stone :eek: (my boots are very heavy)

I have set the rear sag on my 690r, I have a rally raid uprated spring, I reduced the pressure on the spring and I now have 25mm static and 80 mm with rider + boots.

Does that help:thumb

Hi

I looked at that 95 Nm spring but went with a 90 Nm (I'm 16.5 stone with full kit ) I did have the shock revalved to suit

Your static sag & rider sag seems to me about right I was told to aim for 25-30mm and 80-100mm

As standard they come with a 80Nm so the 95Nm is a big jump maybe get the shock revalved to suit the spring

Sorry I can't be more help

Louis

Back
Top Bottom