twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 316
Give us some history , how long have you had the bike / milage etc ?

Has it been trouble free ?

Can't be many ( whatever model it is) with 100k on the clock.

Puts my a harley to shame with less than 3k on it. :blast

Nice one! Mine's been stuck at 75,000 for the last seven years! I must fit that new coil so it'll stop breaking down on me!

To be honest, I'm the 8th owner and abuser of this poor 1996 Electra Glide 1340 EVO - this is the face lift model and shares switch gear and clocks etc with Glides right up to the pre Rushmore bikes.

Bought by me as a rolling project in 2011 I paid £5k...it had 85,000 miles on the clock was hiding inthe street in Brighton under a cover whilst MOT'd and taxed it ran like a dog.... This was down to the carb, and a CV refurb kit sorted that... I've done a paltry 15,000 miles since I've owned it and spent a few hundred quid on getting it fettled and running to an agreeable level...it has a resonable patina, but not too much of a shocker......it appears to have a performance cam, the compression is bang on factory and has no major leaks etc... I had to replace the exhaust headers as they had rotted through... ( thanks Doris) apart from that... It seems quite original.".

....it looks like a dog....it runs like a dog......it sounds like a dog..........a dog that has been rescued form a dogs home, a dog that has found a loving home, a dog that is fiercely loyal to its new owner, a dog that need nothing but a little love and attention now and again......
At the end of the day....it still a fucking dog.......:D

That's enough about Twiz the "lap dog". We know all this.

What's your honest opinion of this 100,0000 mile bike eh Doris? :D

Stop it - Stop it... I'm welling up....

I'm prepared to have a guess at the mileage :D

To be honest, I'm the 8th owner and abuser of this poor 1996 Electra Glide 1340 EVO - this is the face lift model and shares switch gear and clocks etc with Glides right up to the pre Rushmore bikes.

Bought by me as a rolling project in 2011 I paid £5k...it had 85,000 miles on the clock was hiding inthe street in Brighton under a cover whilst MOT'd and taxed it ran like a dog.... This was down to the carb, and a CV refurb kit sorted that... I've done a paltry 15,000 miles since I've owned it and spent a few hundred quid on getting it fettled and running to an agreeable level...it has a resonable patina, but not too much of a shocker......it appears to have a performance cam, the compression is bang on factory and has no major leaks etc... I had to replace the exhaust headers as they had rotted through... ( thanks Doris) apart from that... It seems quite original.".

I'm not sure you can blame Doris for rotting your headers.....

......No actually, you know what – of course you can...You bastard Doris!

Back
Top Bottom