quick release fuel line connectors

Ant - what was the price of the metal male from Rainbow ? A p/n would be good.

Thx

£20 and you don't need a part number just tell them you want the male part of the quick release fuel coupling from a 1150 adventure and the part will be in your hand

Bought one of these from eBay (item 301269892379 ) looks same as the beamerboneyard ones. They have both male and female and the 90 degree ones for the cross over pipe. Fitted straight onto my metal bmw bought metal connector.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 445
Just buy the BMW Q/D's. They've been using a metal male part for last 3/4 years and so are bullet proof.

Just always have a couple of the small "O" rings under your seat, as they can get a "nick" and leak, same as on any of the other Q/D's available.

Wise words.
Just fitted the metal ones and not much more that aftermarket plastic ones.
Fantastic service from Bahnstormer,thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4906.jpg
    IMG_4906.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 350
I think the male metal version was about £22.
It fits perfectly in the OE plastic female socket.

Problem I had was ,one of the female sockets was aftermarket. Looked the same but new metal male wouldn't lock so a new genuine female sent out overnight ( bloody good service) and perfect fit. £15 .

Tangent question: did 1999 R1150GS models come with quick disconnect fuel lines from the factory?

Mine does not, just regular perished rubber and clamp. :( Did a previous keeper cheap out?

Do these connectors fail with mileage, age or is it random ? My 1150 has 32k should I get proactive ?

I don't think it's anything to do with the miles,more like age.
My 850 had only done 21k. 2004 vintage. I think that the male connection goes brittle,and when you disturb them that's when they fail.
Personally I would change the male side for the metal ones now in the comfort of your garage. And while you at it check the fuel filter.

They came as standard on the GSA models and the std GS models didn’t have them. Many owners retro-fitted the plastic ones but these are the ones which get brittle with age.

Tangent question: did 1999 R1150GS models come with quick disconnect fuel lines from the factory?

Mine does not, just regular perished rubber and clamp. :( Did a previous keeper cheap out?

Standard on all models from 2003.

Do these connectors fail with mileage, age or is it random ? My 1150 has 32k should I get proactive ?
Get proactive!

As mentioned above, do it while you're st home and not in a rush. You'll be stuffed if they decide to break out on the road.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I want to order some QR connectors for my new to me 1150 before I give her a going over this weekend but am away from home at the mo (so sorry for the stoopid question)............ Do I need to order two?

Andres

Back
Top Bottom