Puig Touring Screen

knapdog

Reaction score
My OEM has a few stone chips on it (previous owner) and as I try to keep all parts of my bike (s) pristine, I'm thinking of replacing it with the Puig.
They're around £94 inc pp which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the £200+ for the OEM standard.
I appreciate there are excellent screens around such as the Wunderlich etc, which provide further weather protection but I have used Puig before on other bikes and have been pleased with the quality.

I bought one for my RT LC

At the lowest setting it's still a bit high. Not sure if it made a difference so I replaced the original. Material seems softer easier to scratch than the OEM.

I bought one for my RT LC

At the lowest setting it's still a bit high. Not sure if it made a difference so I replaced the original. Material seems softer easier to scratch than the OEM.
Thanks dmilne.
Very helpful.

I have a used Wunderlich screen for sale in the sales section, if you don't like it, you can sell it for same price or more on Fleabay.

Must mention that I bought the Wunderlich screen from Wobble and was delighted with the purchase and the prompt dispatch from the man himself.
If I could wave a magic wand I'd have it just 2 or 3cm lower but I am 5' 9", 30" inside leg with the low seat on its lowest setting.
I had it for a fair price so thank you Wobble.

Puig touring screen ordered will let you all know what i think.
6"2 long back short legs rider std screen doesnt help me at all and thats just on the test ride !

I bit the bullet and ordered a Werks Quiet screen from the states. It is absolutely brilliant, all the rave reviews are deserved. Not a good time to order now though with the pound rate down against the dollar.

The only thing I hate about ordering outside EU is the blooming tax they slap on then some admin charges, right old palarva!

My OEM has a few stone chips on it (previous owner) and as I try to keep all parts of my bike (s) pristine, I'm thinking of replacing it with the Puig.
They're around £94 inc pp which is a hell of a lot cheaper than the £200+ for the OEM standard.
I appreciate there are excellent screens around such as the Wunderlich etc, which provide further weather protection but I have used Puig before on other bikes and have been pleased with the quality.

I fitted one of these on my RT, a bit wider, a bit thicker and a bit taller than OEM. At £60 I figured it was a bargain. Much quieter than the OEM one :D

http://www.mandp.co.uk/index.php/default/bmw-r1200rt-2014-isotta-high-screen-clear.html

I'm 6ft and have the factory high (not the standard or low) seat in the high position

2ma53a.jpg

Is there a shorter sporty screen available for the RT-LC ?
Can't seem to find one anywhere.....

Short screen

Is there a shorter sporty screen available for the RT-LC ?
Can't seem to find one anywhere.....

I've seen an oem "sport" screen on some fancy sport variation of tne RTLC .
Ask your BMW stealer??
Rgds
Dave

I put the Werks Quiet Ride screen up there as the best screen for the RTLC models.

I've seen an oem "sport" screen on some fancy sport variation of tne RTLC .
Ask your BMW stealer??
Rgds
Dave

The sports screen is absolutely crap, does nothing, might as well not have a screen at all. Still think the Werks screen is brilliant and have it fitted now to my 1250.

The sports screen is absolutely crap, .

It is indeed, but it does look good on the bike. But here's the thing, the Werks screen is one of the few aftermarket screens that looks good on the bike without making the bike look top heavy.

Back
Top Bottom