advice help, please,nav5

ianmc

Reaction score
Technology has passed me by after a few years being away from a bike,I recently brought a 2005 1200gs, it has got fitted out with the Auto-com Active 7 smart,and has a garmin cradle that takes a nav5,this is all good, got a second hand nav5,only a year old, works a treat, BUT I can not work out how to be able to hear the voice direction ,I have a head set in my helmet,plugged into the auto-com system,now I know the nav5 has got Bluetooth,I have disabled this function, assuming it would work with the leads from auto-com to helmet head set, soooo, do I need some sort of Bluetooth head set,and do away with the auto-com 7,?
Anyway, I hope some one can put me on track as to what I need to do,
Thank you Ian

If it's anything like the Autocom system I used to have on my RT, the Nav5 talks to the Autocom by bluetooth and the Autocom talks to the helmet by by cable.

The Dongle you'll need is the Autocom BTM-02A this allows your nav 5 to conect to the autocom via blue tooth. you can purchase from this link, https://chainspeed.co.uk/autocom/autocom-gps-accessories/ they will also give you good advice with anything else you may need.

Or you could do away with the autocom altogether and get a blue tooth headset (there are many) this would do away with the need for wires by conecting directly to the nav5, the choice is yours.

Back
Top Bottom