Harley sales down.

Big Si

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In other MoCo news today, I read that Harley's sales are 30% down for first quarter and they are shelving a lot of their planned new bike range. The Pan America adv bike will now be launched next year not this. :nenau

I dare say that a lot of other vehicle manufacturers be it bike or car will be in the same boat this year.

I

I dare say that a lot of other vehicle manufacturers be it bike or car will be in the same boat this year.

Possibly material for another thread, but for some manufacturers, it's not demand that's the problem but inability to supply.

While demand for cars is markedly down, the demand for bikes has risen during the pandemic; some looking to bikes to provide socially distanced transport, others because they have realised that they are mortal and of they are going to buy a bike, they ought to get on and do it.

Having been into a few dealerships recently, they are quite bare with little stock. Discounts are unlikely as that have no problem selling whatever they can get.

I've read that the Royal Enfield Himalayan has outsold the GS this year. I suspect Enfield are less reliant on China and the far East for component supply though, so are (currently) better placed to meet demand.

In other MoCo news today, I read that Harley's sales are 30% down for first quarter and they are shelving a lot of their planned new bike range. The Pan America adv bike will now be launched next year not this. :nenau

Good luck with that.....The US economy has lost a third....33%, 33fucking %. They are not coming back from this, China will and has seen to that, they want it all, the whole damn caboodle......Next year will be so interesting in so many ways and HD will be a dream.....USA is on the way out.

Back
Top Bottom