Even if you don’t buy mine - TFT thieving!

I reckon it wouldn’t be too difficult to code the TFT to the ECU so it would be much more difficult for the thieves (or their customers) to use the screen, which would make the theft uneconomical or at least unattractive. Fundamentally, it’s about making mine less attractive to nick than yours...

And we still don’t know if it’s 1, 10, 100, 1000 that have been nicked...

I know they’re being nicked because I read about it on here, and the TFT group on Facebook, it was the same perceived threat for my 2011 GSA. Maybe a register is needed to quantify actual instances.

I know they’re being nicked because I read about it on here, and the TFT group on Facebook, it was the same perceived threat for my 2011 GSA. Maybe a register is needed to quantify actual instances.
I eventually remembered where I read the piece about using some of the TFT electrical components, not the TFT itself, it was in the comments section of a certain video about fitting the TFT protector. The thieving scrotes will stop at nothing, a bit like cutting out the easy to access catalytic converters from certain cars and getting £20 scrap value for the few grams of Rhodium, Platinum, and Palladium.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I eventually remembered where I read the piece about using some of the TFT electrical components, not the TFT itself, it was in the comments section of a certain video about fitting the TFT protector. The thieving scrotes will stop at nothing, a bit like cutting out the easy to access catalytic converters from certain cars and getting £20 scrap value for the few grams of Rhodium, Platinum, and Palladium.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

With all due respect Micko you read it somewhere off someone else’s post, if people want to buy a piece of kit fair enough I’m just questioning actual need based on events

Bacon is the usual choice of addict shop thefts. They know how much they will get got a pack and where to sell it. The TFT screens, amongst other things is something they talk about and have an outlet for onward sale. So yes, for a fix, but unlikely opportunist.

The opportunistic bit I referred to would be finding a TFT that's unprotected they can quickly remove then be on their toes with little chance of being caught, rather than stealing it without first knowing if it was possible to move it on afterwards.:beerjug:

Fitted mine at the weekend . Pretty straight forward , although smaller hands would help . Easy with an electric driver as well .

Mine arrived yesterday morning and was fitted to my GSA in the afternoon

Fairly straightforward job but found it a lot easier after I removed the windscreen

Mike

Fitted the anti theft device to my GS 1250 yesterday.
Straight forward job, but as said before a lot easier if you remove the screen

Nice piece of kit

Mine is also now fitted, pretty neat, but the adhesive foam strip could have been more generous. I fitted mine without removing the screen and it a fair faff trying to hold it against the TFT while nipping up the bolt, ideally I should have had an assistant to gently hold it down.

I don't know if it is mentioned, but I recall reading someone saying theirs came with hex head bolts, I was please to find torx ones in my kit.

Otherwise looks neat, and even it it wasn't anti-theft does a good job on the farkling and protection front.

Thought the same about the foam, even when it had been spliced in half as per instructions, so I used some telsa tape for the short sides.

I'd also advise folks to have a check that the finish is okay before fitting, as I noticed afterwards that mine had a small imperfection (pimple) put a light scratch on one side, which most definitely was not caused by me in the fitting.

I didn't find any need to remove the windshield but I think this more in the case of the GSA?

Thought the same about the foam, even when it had been spliced in half as per instructions, so I used some telsa tape for the short sides.

I'd also advise folks to have a check that the finish is okay before fitting, as I noticed afterwards that mine had a small imperfection (pimple) put a light scratch on one side, which most definitely was not caused by me in the fitting.

I didn't find any need to remove the windshield but I think this more in the case of the GSA?

Send it back.. They are not cheap and should be right...

Agree, but the hassle of taking it off plus the pain of the possible convo meant persuaded me to just live with it. I'm not so ocd about these things as I once was.

Fitted the anti theft device to my GS 1250 yesterday.
Straight forward job, but as said before a lot easier if you remove the screen

Nice piece of kit

Do you have the Cymarc screen strengtheners, does it still fit as it looks like it uses the same bolts?

Mine arrived today, fitted within 30mins (including drinking a bottle of Cider in admiration of a damn fine product)

As for the screen strengthening items, I’ll let you know as soon as mine arrive, although a mate from work has both fitted he hasn’t mention any changing of bolts.

Keep up the awesome work Cymarc

Mine arrived today as well :thumb ordered from Chainspeed as Cymarc & NN were out of stock.

Had next day delivery so I’ll fit mine on Monday as working :mad:

Further to post #71
I’ve found that my Givi wind screen brace kit clashes with fit up of the tft screen security bracket.
Thinking of changing my wind screen anyway, but note that several screens on the market come with their own brace kit. I’m guessing Cymarc’s own brace is ok but don’t want to potentially buy the same thing twice if I change screen.
Has anybody fitted the security bracket with a windscreen brace without a clash?
Thanks in anticipation.

Mine arrived today, fitted within 30mins (including drinking a bottle of Cider in admiration of a damn fine product)

As for the screen strengthening items, I’ll let you know as soon as mine arrive, although a mate from work has both fitted he hasn’t mention any changing of bolts.

Keep up the awesome work Cymarc

I fitted mine this morning and discovered the Cymarc screen braces clashed with the aluminium screen cross bar as it was lowered. I’ve got them just about clearing now with a bit of “tweaking” so I can now lower the screen to its usual low position (short arse + Puig touring screen).

Fitted mine today plus the Main stand Security Locking Lug, will get a different padlock :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 222

Back
Top Bottom