M8 owners please read.

For some reason this just popped up in my YouTube recommendations, not sure if it's been posted in this thread before.]

Hadn’t seen this before. Despite the naff name, his stuff is quite informative and enjoyable - I’ll have to watch more!

No idea what you must have been watching for that to pop up as a recommendation through Paul - have you secretly been popping into the Gnarley Bar for a tipple? ;)

.... No idea what you must have been watching for that to pop up as a recommendation through Paul - have you secretly been popping into the Gnarley Bar for a tipple? ;)
It seems these days I only have to talk about something or even think about something and I start seeing ads for it/them.
YouTube is clearly snooping just like every other site seems to be doing more and more these days.

It seems these days I only have to talk about something or even think about something and I start seeing ads for it/them.
YouTube is clearly snooping just like every other site seems to be doing more and more these days.

Someone must be watching all the time.

I'm constantly getting ads for huge bra's and jewellery that fits in ones bum hole.
My girlfriend made me buy a new macbook pro but within a couple of weeks the ads were back ?

Chesney.

Someone must be watching all the time.

I'm constantly getting ads for huge bra's and jewellery that fits in ones bum hole.
My girlfriend made me buy a new macbook pro but within a couple of weeks the ads were back ?

Chesney.

It's that bloke Cookie - he is watching all of us ;) :eek:

How short? I have a 33” inseam and a 34” waist.

The Pan Am is growing on me (particularly the orange/white) version in a kind of Ugly Betty/Idiot Bastard Son way.

I might arrange a test ride soon. :thumb2

I concur. I was tempted to part ex Twizz's TC for a Pan Am but 15 minutes of being ignored at the Harley dealership was enough to persuade me otherwise. There is a rather nice modern Cali on bike trader though.

I get glared at every time I go in to my local H-D after one of the salesmen over heard me telling a guy who had just come back from a test ride on a 48 not to buy it before he had a test ride on a Triumph 1200 Bobber

To those who enquired about adding the pushrod modification….I’ve been in contact with the guy in the States and we’re just figuring out cost and postage…

Cheers pal. Appreciate the help.

Spent a bit of time carefully checking all fluid levels this morning.

I’ve done 2,000 miles since the last service and my gearbox level had dropped to the lower mark on the dipstick. It took 50-60mil to get it back to the centre mark. The primary had a small amount of overspill which I didn’t measure but was probably about the same. I also checked the vent which that had some gunk around it but wasn’t blocked.

So looks like I have a small amount of transfer going on, but not enough to worry assuming I keep a regular check on things. I’ll also hopefully fit a fat rod, thanks to Doris’s efforts to source them, and hopefully that will improve things further.

Thanks to Doris for the heads up on this, I’m not the sort of person who has ever bothered to check this sort of thing much before, but will be from now on. :beerjug:

Thanks.:thumb I think I have got it covered. I have it in writing after some "negotiation" (in fairness the dealer put his hands up straight away), that it is to be collected by the local H-D dealer, and the gearbox is to be thoroughly inspected for damage. If it's ok, they will fit the primary vent kit. All this will be paid for by the selling dealer (Charles Hurst). In the event the gearbox is damaged I can reject the bike and get a full refund for the total sale price of the bike.

I haven't considered what Charles Hurst will do if the gearbox proves to be damaged and I reject it. They will have to get it fixed unless they want to sell the bike with the fault. Not my problem then though.:nenau

The salesman from Charles Hurst has been really good all the way along....credit where credit's due. He admitted it was his fault from the off.:thumb

Update today...the RKS is going in via van to the HD dealer next Tuesday for the primary vent fix and gearbox inspection. The dealer who sold it to me is also extending the warranty from 6 months to 12, so I'm fairly chuffed. :D

Back
Top Bottom