Carpuride W702 on order

I contacted Carpuride about getting the updates, still waiting…. Then found this forum!

I have also sent them a nice BMW logo so I can change the boot up screen, will see how long that is

Thanks to all those who shared advice on here, most helpful
Ive made contact via their support email address and the following day and as requested I received a link to the newer revised manual. However, since doing the latest firmware upgrade I had a few issues which required reboots. It would be good if they could publicise the release of firmware updates on their website.

Just seen that they now do a W702B specifically to fit in place of the Nav 5/6

I'm looking at the W502B as I'd like the smaller screen. Also have other bikes, and have emailed them to ask the best buy option.
There's currently a discount code on the website offering 30% discount.
The W502 and buying the BMW satnav option works out at £164...
60da059a38ae636db0e8aa352888302b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Just seen that they now do a W702B specifically to fit in place of the Nav 5/6

That just looks like a holder and doesn’t use the power from the Nav mount.
You still have to run wired to power it.
Seems like half a job!

See photo.
Unit mounts to the BMW bracket.
Unit has a wired lead that plugs into BMW bracket.
BMW bracket and Unit mounts neatly onto BMW motorcycle.
Unit gets power from the bike.
771a34fa3fcbff07a991445c5aa4fd0f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Thanks.
Can you show how the power lead attaches to the BMW nav bracket, or does it get the power from the multi pin connector?
What is the delivery time direct from Carpuride? Amazon quicker but no BMW bracket listed.

Last edited:
Thanks.
Can you show how the power lead attaches to the BMW nav bracket, or does it get the power from the multi pin connector?
What is the delivery time direct from Carpuride? Amazon quicker but no BMW bracket listed.
you can see it on carpurides website.

it comes from china, so plenty variables to accurately predict delivery time from Carpuride direct. They have good support, so maybe email them.

you can see it on carpurides website.

it comes from china, so plenty variables to accurately predict delivery time from Carpuride direct. They have good support, so maybe email them.
Bit the bullet and ordered one and the BMW holder.
May be here next week or next month !

But does is work with the install BMW nav wheel and can it show any of the BMW stats like the Garmin does?

Any one??

But does is work with the install BMW nav wheel and can it show any of the BMW stats like the Garmin does?

Any one??
No. Not at present. May with a future update . I use the TFT for those functions anyway.

Mine has arrived. Works on the desk but won’t take power from the nav mount. I’m waiting for a reply from them.

You will need something like this controller from carpe Iter for your wonder wheel to navigate Android, in works in conjunction with the buttons fitted to the accelerator side so you can scroll, select and move left,right,up,down

I use this to navigate around my Samsung Phone when on journeys

Mine has arrived. Works on the desk but won’t take power from the nav mount. I’m waiting for a reply from them.
Hi, to make the mount working, there is a small tip, all Chinese mounts "forgot" (or maybe on purpose to save money) to add a magnet that will activate the power delivery from the BMW Nav mount, just unscrew the four small screws and glue a small magnet at the rear and try again :

1711204787779-jpeg.665510

It should work like a charm ;)

Hi, to make the mount working, there is a small tip, all Chinese mounts "forgot" (or maybe on purpose to save money) to add a magnet that will activate the power delivery from the BMW Nav mount, just unscrew the four small screws and glue a small magnet at the rear and try again :

1711204787779-jpeg.665510

It should work like a charm ;)

Top tip, no. 317 (y)

so got mine, and yep the bmw mount for the GPS doesnt work.
Quick email to carpuride and a replacement mount (probably one with a magnet) is being sent out.

Working through USB.

Decent service.

Back
Top Bottom