Trips around Austria

davidblythe

Reaction score
Riding down to Austria Friday for summer hols whilst the rest of the family fly, have a pass out to do some touring whilst the old girl walks some hills

fancy going over a pass to Italy or seeing Solvenia, any recommendations

Slovenia's nice.
So is Italy and the roads to both from Austria are great.

Look up the Mangart road, just in Slovenia via the Passo di Predl- there is a 5 Euro toll but its a bargain-Proper GS road with one of the best views in the Alps at the top.

There was a video posted on here last year-bit busy with guests at the moment but if you can't find it I will do so later for you when all our thirsty bikers stop drinking!

John

Grey one speak with straight tongue!!

You must have replenished stocks since Chas threw his leg over the Rocket 3 and tore off?!!

Great biking area and your's a great place to stay. Thnx! :beerjug:

Grey one speak with straight tongue!!

You must have replenished stocks since Chas threw his leg over the Rocket 3 and tore off?!!

Great biking area and your's a great place to stay. Thnx! :beerjug:

Local police are still looking for him!!! Glad you enjoyed the stay-we certainly enjoyed having you here. Hope to see you again some time

John

Finally got a bit of spare time so here is a link to a short film of the Mangart road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_A5OyX5ME

This little road has become a popular choice for many of our guests, easily do able from our place either as part of one of my "3 countries" tours or direct there via the Passo di Predl.

John

Am in Kaprun, rode the grossglockner well wort the 22euro

spent a day in italy and came back over a wonderful one vehicle pass

any more recommendations have a week left

Am in Kaprun, rode the grossglockner well wort the 22euro

spent a day in italy and came back over a wonderful one vehicle pass

any more recommendations have a week left

Grossglockner is still just about my favourite Alpine road. (My 1200 liked it so much it broke down on it so it could stay longer. And I stayed in Kaprun while my 1200 was being mended in the BMW dealers there.)

Reminds me I need to go back again and ride the Grossglockner properly.

Was on holiday in Kaprun last week, did a coachtrip up the Grossglockner on the Tuesday. Was so impressed, the next day I hired a GS650 from the local BM dealer, sent SWMBO to Zell Am See for the day, and spent 8 hours trashing up and down the pass.

Absolutely great fun.

Must get back with my own bike and do more of the area. :D:D

Attachments

• me.JPG
    me.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 137
  • Austria 148-1.JPG
    Austria 148-1.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Austria 157-1.JPG
    Austria 157-1.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 140