BMW Connectivity (TFT SScreen) to Navigator V

Heland

Reaction score
Hi All,

I took delivery of my new GSA with the TFT screen and BMW Motorrad Connectivity option yesterday - and I'm very pleased :D. The BMW connectivity allows me to pair my F5MC headset and my Samsung S7, but does seem to allow any other devices.

Does this mean that I will have to pair my Navigator V to the headset separately, or does the fact that the Navigator V sits in the manufactures cradle, it will automatically connect to the system (I don't think so).

If I have to connect the Navigator V to my Headset via Bluetooth, the F5MC may not know which device to prioritise i.e. Nav verbal instructions over a voice cell phone call.

Am I missing something obvious here? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kind regards, to all - HELAND

As far as I know 'and have been told' You will only be able to priorities one or t'other but not both at the same time.

Can you not pair the Nav V with the unit and then the phone with the Nav V and have it work that way?

I think you're going to have to work it out and tell us since its so new and few people have the new dash. Keen to hear the answer though

Most latest devices allow two bluetooth connections at the same time.

But why not continue with the Headset connection to your Nav 5 and Mobile to the Nav 5.

Why connect anything to the new TFT Screen at all. The Nav is already doing it.

Other than the BMW Phone App, what features does the TFT screen offer over what you have already?

But why not continue with the Heatset connection to your Nav 5 and Mobile to the Nav 5.

Other than the BMW Phone App, what features does the TFT screen offer over what you have already?

The Nav V is rubbish for phone calls so that would be my reason. The 6 is too

But why not continue with the Headset connection to your Nav 5 and Mobile to the Nav 5.

Well, I guess you get the basic arrow based navigation if for any reason you want to leave your Nav 5 at home, plus I would assume that the user interface and display for playing music, etc, is better on the TFT panel than the Nav V. Also saves loading/updating your music collection on the satnav if you already have it on your phone.

My new tft connectivity won’t connect to my C3 Pro at all����
I can however still conect it to my Nav V, for calls etc but having spent the money on the TFT I am not Happy!

Back to the original Question, I doubt that you will get nav voice commands from the Nav 5 unless you conect directly to it. it’s seams designed to use the phone and nav system from the BMW app all via the tft Conections.
Given the instructions and Conections seam to be poor at this early stage I would contact BMW direct.

Hi All, I took delivery of my new GSA with the TFT screen and BMW Motorrad Connectivity option yesterday -

I have a question if I may.... when the Nav 6/5 is connected on the cradle, which has the priority for the 'wonder wheel' when on the move? or is there a button that you press etc to switch between the two? :nenau

Thanks in advance. :beerjug:

Mine doesnt and neither did my 5. Sometimes you're in the middle of a call and both parties get an echo of their own voice without hearing each other.

Might be something to do with the BT setup you are using. I have never had an issue with the Nav V and phone calls. I'm using Scala kit.

I too have no issues with my Nav V Bluetooth and my Sena 20s. My wife initially had intermittent issues with the same setup. We turned off Bluetooth discoverable mode on the Nav and it's been rock solid ever since.

I have a question if I may.... when the Nav 6/5 is connected on the cradle, which has the priority for the 'wonder wheel' when on the move? or is there a button that you press etc to switch between the two? :nenau

Thanks in advance. :beerjug:

Thought I read somewhere about a switch that changes priority, from one to the other

Does anyone know if this connectivity “stuff” can be fitted to replace the normal panel on pre 2017 models?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom