Stelvio Duecento Tributo purchase.

So what actually is the first service mileage (by the book) ?
 
1500km. Then every 12,000km.
That makes sense as it's 900 miles over here in the UK.If it's the same as the Mandello V100 then it will need the service indicator resetting by the dealer,they can't do it early,as far as I know the little spanner symbol has to be on before it can be reset.

Kimbo
 
First 24hours done. 360km.

It just gets better. Filled up with 98 ron. Maybe placebo but it feels better. Like it has a little more pop. Bit more snap to it. I used 98 in BMW so I'll keep it going.

Came home via Ronda through Sierra de las Nieves to Yunquera. If anyone knows that route they'll know what i mean when I say its one of the best. Lots of journo bike launches go that route etc. Just constant corners. Have to judge an apple as an apple. But I think this bike is fantastic. Obviously its not an R1 so when I say box is great. Its great for what I expect on a big 1000cc adventure bike. But the chassis. Not sure if its the geometry numbers combined with the way it carries its weight. It feels great. Playful and fun but balanced. Still cant really put any load on the front or trail the brakes in to any degree. But its not that kind of bike. But once in the corner and driving I like it alot. Ground clearance is a problem and pegs and grinding away even at 5000rpm limits. But i notice they touch if i ride lazy. If i get more involved and ride it better the just skim a bit rather than grinding and folding up. Can ride around it. Suspension still feels good. Firm but compliant without being soggy. But after tonight it maybe needs a little bit rebound added all round 2-3 clicks. Not set sags but since adding those 8 turns at the rear overall it feels good to me so I'll just ride to feel and give little tweaks as it needs it.

I like these Michelin Anakee adventure tyres. 2.5 fromt 2.9 rear. It has loads more grip than you'd expect by looking at them. Actually. I had a new NT1100 that came with Metzler Roadtec 01. I hated those tyres. They were made of a strange rubber alnd had no real feel. Its like the rubber was same as welly boot rubber rather than tyre rubber. The Anakee look the same but actually bite and have feel, well the rear anyway. Even still limited to 5000rpm. Kissing 6k odd time on exit short shifting. Only a few times it moved in 2nd, but fantastic fun. Like dirt track, feet up and sit back and just turn the bars. So smooth and predictable, I think its because the bike doesn't have huge power and also I'm still too low in the revs.

Now I can flick to screen height mode quickly I have no negatives. I cant find anything I'm a bit meh over. Looks amazing. Sounds even better. Handles well. Fun to play with. Comfortable. The comfort seat is brilliant. Not sure why manufacturers don't just fit the good kit as standard. I'd understand if it was a hard or soft option. But the comfort is just a better standard seat.

Installed the fuel cap decal. I think it looked better. Breaks up the colours a bit more. Small touches.

Stopped and took some photos on way home.

20260903_182518.jpg20260903_182745.jpg20260903_183353.jpg20260903_190732.jpg20260903_190753.jpg20260903_190936.jpg20260903_190503.jpg20260903_190550.jpg20260903_182830.jpg
 
550km. Bike gets better. Also I'm finding new things!

I understand forums in general dont like this kind of chat. But a forum is a place to share info of all kinds. And even if 1 or 2 guys find it interesting then I'm happy.

Late for work this morning so had to make progress. Again bike is fantastic. But felt sometimes it was just lacking a little control over bumps when at lean. So made some adjustments.

Front preload as standard. Whatever factory set it to
Front rebound -7 out from fully in.

Rear preload +9 clicks/turns in from fully unwound.
Rear rebound. -0.75 turns from fully in.

Small changes but add up. Bike feels better again. Motor is feeling fat now when driving. You can feel it loosening off. Its done 500km all in mountain roads constantly varying revs.
Gearbox.- maybe its in my head but a few times if felt like the lever didnt return fully on downshift. Like I released it. Kept my foot hovering. Then felt it ping back and tap my foot a second later. But it feels good when testing. So might be me.

Now. This is the bit that attracts hate on forums. But actually its very interesting and helps us understand the bike. The data is about the bike!!

I have been using the Guzzi app. And found it logs all rides like the BMW app. Which I thought was great but the Guzzi one is better in datalogging. So I was keen to see if the data reflects to what the bike is doing and I feel. Very surprised!! Take it for what it is. A heavy adventure bike on 70/30 tyres. 170 section Rear.

The grip and what the bike is capable of is ridiculous. Data shows 50 deg lean when the pegs are on the ground. But whats better is thats at 59% throttle opening, so driving hard, and only 5% slip with no TC intervention. Compare that to the R1300RS on Dunlops the TC was always doing something even at -5. And the max lean with the pegs raised to highest setting was 53-54deg. So for the Stelvio to provide those figures is actual verifiable data to show the confidence and feeling the chassis provides.

Its not a one off. There are many.
50 deg
4% slip
0 TC intervention
4th gear
47% throttle
5926rpm
114kph

50deg
5% slip
0 TC intervention
4th gear
59% throttle
7350 rpm (breifly because the bike leaned to the side of the tyre so revs climb)
140kph.

I find it super interesting that the date matches the feeling and proves it.

Screenshot_20260904_191730_Moto Guzzi.jpgScreenshot_20260904_191928_Moto Guzzi.jpgScreenshot_20260904_191942_Moto Guzzi.jpgScreenshot_20260904_191956_Moto Guzzi.jpg

I'm planning on having the radar cruise switched on next Friday when its in for service. I think it will be nice to have on Autopista. I have tickets for WSBK at Jerez in October so it will make the trip better. Has anyone turned on that feature and have any thoughts?
 
Keep the reports coming I say .... can't have too much info. (secretly - I'm saying to myself , if it "survives" your use - it'll be good enough for me) I'll be interested to know real world MPG figures (or l/100km .... or whatever .... km/l) and I don't mean computer figures , and how that changes with km mounting up (increasing).
 
Thank you ! I appreciate it. I was expecting abuse. I'm glad you take the info for how I intended. As a real data confirmation of what I was feeling.

That run home tonight showed ave consumption of 18.1km/L
Commute this morning 20.7km/L
Last night twisty Sierra de las Nieves section 14.8km/L
Average consumption over the 550km so far- 17.6km/L.

I dont really keep track of fuel usage etc or reset the trip on fill up. But once its had the 1st service I'll do it and record some real world data.

I think the tank is 21L? Fuel light came on just before petrol station tonight and it took 17L to fill.

I am looking forward to getting the break in finished and using it properly. Although it actually feels good short shifting and really, if you told me the rev limit was 7000ish. I'd still be happy with the bikes performance so far. So its exciting to know we still have lots to go. Peak power is 8700rpm and rev limit is 9500. Peak torque is 6750 so still I'm not feeling any of the peak figures the motor is capable of.
 
Another 150km done. Motor feels alot better. Low power is getting fatter each ride.

New discoveries. The slipper clutch is fantastic. Old school, no electric air bleed system. It feels like a 2013 R6 race bike slipper. Only seems to work if you use clutch in a back shift. But you can kick it back 1 gears and dump the clutch and it slips and controls beautifully.

Light- headlights aren't quite as good as the fancy dynamic ones on the BMW. But theyre good and the cornering lights are better. Really light up the road as soon as you start to lean.

Tried to delve deeper into TC modes. So had some powerslide practice and jammed my phone on a sign post. First 3 times are TV on 2. It lets it move more than the BMW but still controls. The rest are on TC1. I like it. It moves quite alot actually but kicks in at the end.

 
Very interested to see how you get on with the Stelvio as considering one of these as my next bike. Btw, if you’re ever on the coast road towards Torre del Mar, let me know. I’m in Chilches near Rincon de la Victoria.
 
Very interested to see how you get on with the Stelvio as considering one of these as my next bike. Btw, if you’re ever on the coast road towards Torre del Mar, let me know. I’m in Chilches near Rincon de la Victoria.

You are close. I live near Martin Carpena in Parque Litoral. Only around 30mins away.

If you want to see the bike. Let me know and possibly I can meet you at some point. I bought it from Vespa Málaga. They are expecting a whole new fleet of demos so for sure they will have a Stelvio. Moto Mercado have some as rentals. But the rental bike I has felt like a completely different bike to this one. Suspension, everything felt different. Strange as it only had 2000km.

Bike hit 1000km today. So i must be careful with km as I dont want to go over 1500 before service on Friday. Also taking it easy as I'm mindful that oil has done its job of breaking in and its time to change. Being honest it feels ready. Over the km you can feel it running it and loosening off. Power delivery of the motor changes. It even sounds a bit different now, deeper and more powerful.

I tried to log mpg. Km per L etc . Filled it. Got 320km until light on. Before light came on it showed 70km remaining. But when fuel light comes on the range disappears. Filled it and it took 16L. Not sure what that works out as. But thats what its using on 70-80% throttle and 5-6000rpm max.
 
You are close. I live near Martin Carpena in Parque Litoral. Only around 30mins away.

If you want to see the bike. Let me know and possibly I can meet you at some point. I bought it from Vespa Málaga. They are expecting a whole new fleet of demos so for sure they will have a Stelvio. Moto Mercado have some as rentals. But the rental bike I has felt like a completely different bike to this one. Suspension, everything felt different. Strange as it only had 2000km.

Bike hit 1000km today. So i must be careful with km as I dont want to go over 1500 before service on Friday. Also taking it easy as I'm mindful that oil has done its job of breaking in and its time to change. Being honest it feels ready. Over the km you can feel it running it and loosening off. Power delivery of the motor changes. It even sounds a bit different now, deeper and more powerful.

I tried to log mpg. Km per L etc . Filled it. Got 320km until light on. Before light came on it showed 70km remaining. But when fuel light comes on the range disappears. Filled it and it took 16L. Not sure what that works out as. But thats what its using on 70-80% throttle and 5-6000rpm max.
Your numbers are as clear as mud : How many Km did you do from fill to fill again , and how many litres did it take to fill up ? You said 320 km till light came on - irrelevant , how many km had you done when you actually filled it ? (sorry to be so "fussy" , but I assume that you did NOT fill it , at the same instant that the light came on)

Using your 320km figure , and 16 litres , your mpg (note UK gallons !!!! , 4.546 Litres) works out at 56.8 mpg , which is very good ...... given the way you ride !. What's the betting that it did not take EXACTLY 16.000 litres to fill it ! ??. I simply log the cost of the fuel put in and the price per litre , and let my PC do the sums - fuel forecourt pumps round the figures. .....and before you ask - just do the km to nice round numbers , ie - ignore the 1/10 ths !!
cheers.
 
First 24hours done. 360km.

It just gets better. Filled up with 98 ron. Maybe placebo but it feels better. Like it has a little more pop. Bit more snap to it. I used 98 in BMW so I'll keep it going.

Came home via Ronda through Sierra de las Nieves to Yunquera. If anyone knows that route they'll know what i mean when I say its one of the best. Lots of journo bike launches go that route etc. Just constant corners. Have to judge an apple as an apple. But I think this bike is fantastic. Obviously its not an R1 so when I say box is great. Its great for what I expect on a big 1000cc adventure bike. But the chassis. Not sure if its the geometry numbers combined with the way it carries its weight. It feels great. Playful and fun but balanced. Still cant really put any load on the front or trail the brakes in to any degree. But its not that kind of bike. But once in the corner and driving I like it alot. Ground clearance is a problem and pegs and grinding away even at 5000rpm limits. But i notice they touch if i ride lazy. If i get more involved and ride it better the just skim a bit rather than grinding and folding up. Can ride around it. Suspension still feels good. Firm but compliant without being soggy. But after tonight it maybe needs a little bit rebound added all round 2-3 clicks. Not set sags but since adding those 8 turns at the rear overall it feels good to me so I'll just ride to feel and give little tweaks as it needs it.

I like these Michelin Anakee adventure tyres. 2.5 fromt 2.9 rear. It has loads more grip than you'd expect by looking at them. Actually. I had a new NT1100 that came with Metzler Roadtec 01. I hated those tyres. They were made of a strange rubber alnd had no real feel. Its like the rubber was same as welly boot rubber rather than tyre rubber. The Anakee look the same but actually bite and have feel, well the rear anyway. Even still limited to 5000rpm. Kissing 6k odd time on exit short shifting. Only a few times it moved in 2nd, but fantastic fun. Like dirt track, feet up and sit back and just turn the bars. So smooth and predictable, I think its because the bike doesn't have huge power and also I'm still too low in the revs.

Now I can flick to screen height mode quickly I have no negatives. I cant find anything I'm a bit meh over. Looks amazing. Sounds even better. Handles well. Fun to play with. Comfortable. The comfort seat is brilliant. Not sure why manufacturers don't just fit the good kit as standard. I'd understand if it was a hard or soft option. But the comfort is just a better standard seat.

Installed the fuel cap decal. I think it looked better. Breaks up the colours a bit more. Small touches.

Stopped and took some photos on way home.

View attachment 536065View attachment 536066View attachment 536067View attachment 536068View attachment 536069View attachment 536070View attachment 536071View attachment 536072View attachment 536073
Very nice....no problems with mine.
Where did you purchase the fuel cap decor from, looks sweet
 
Does it matter that much. 😅. Your assumptions aren't quite correct. The numbers are as close as needed I'd say.

Full. 320km. Light on. Just before light on. Showing 70km. Stop at next petrol station which was 5km max. Fill. Took 16.10 L to be exact. So basically what i said. I could have just made a photo of the trip screen for the L per 100km but you said you wanted real world so I reset the trip just for you 😁.

Surely its easier to just fill it when its empty and the fuel usage is what it is. Whatever it is I'm at the petrol station a bit less than the RS. But probably thats due to the bigger tank. I think fuel consumption is basically around the same on everything if you ride them all the same. 48-53ish mpg in UK money.
 
Very nice....no problems with mine.
Where did you purchase the fuel cap decor from, looks sweet
Someone posted the link on page 1. A place in Italy. They also do a nice one for the front mudguard I think suits it and adds a bit more colour
 
Your numbers are as clear as mud : How many Km did you do from fill to fill again , and how many litres did it take to fill up ? You said 320 km till light came on - irrelevant , how many km had you done when you actually filled it ? (sorry to be so "fussy" , but I assume that you did NOT fill it , at the same instant that the light came on)

Using your 320km figure , and 16 litres , your mpg (note UK gallons !!!! , 4.546 Litres) works out at 56.8 mpg , which is very good ...... given the way you ride !. What's the betting that it did not take EXACTLY 16.000 litres to fill it ! ??. I simply log the cost of the fuel put in and the price per litre , and let my PC do the sums - fuel forecourt pumps round the figures. .....and before you ask - just do the km to nice round numbers , ie - ignore the 1/10 ths !!
cheers.

I was late this morning so took the A7. So all basically dual carriageway and motorway. Here is the fuel data from that. Just riding with traffic.

Screenshot_20260908_083037_Moto Guzzi.jpg
 
I was late this morning so took the A7. So all basically dual carriageway and motorway. Here is the fuel data from that. Just riding with traffic.

View attachment 537297
60.8 mpg - nothing wrong with that (provided of course that computer is telling the truth) ... and average speed tells me you are not hanging around !

... and keep the data simple for me - full to full , how many km and how many litres ..... Range , lights on , and what you had for breakfast are not relevant ! Fill up anytime you want - empty , half full etc etc (Just don't do it after very few miles traveled - numbers then start to look silly usually)
 
This morning was just usual Autopista traffic speed. 120kph down to 100, 80, back to 120 etc. 6th gear pretty mucb all the way apart from odd bit if traffic and filtering. Max of maybe 135kph which is 5000rpm.

Ok. I understand. Its not something I've ever took time to monitor. I reset trip after fill last night. So instead of letting it drop to reserve. I'll refill at about 300km mark. And log L and KM. It will be a good representation of a drive cycle. As last night was all mountain roads and then we have some Autopista this morning.

Interestingly when I refill the range sits at 380 to 390. And that seems about right when I filled last night and it still had about 5L reserve. So I'd believe if someone was touring they could get 400km to a tank.
 
1 week of Ownership done. 1380km.
Bike gets dropped off tomorrow night for 1st service on Friday.

Few new discoveries etc. Must be my riding style but my heel is touching the swingarm and already the paint is wearing off. We have a PPF department at work so sent the bike there today for PPF on all paint, screens, and fork legs. He installed a matt section on the swingarm to help it. And I'll change my foot position.

Pegs are still loosing the bits of metal they dont want. But also the center stand is starting to touch a little. Chassis is still great. Alot of fun to play with even at half power/revs. I like these tyres alot also. They grip well for what they are but you can play and make it slide etc and its not snappy. Lots of feel.

Suspension still feels good. Tonight maybe the rear felt a little like it had softened more than the front. It felt a little less balanced that it was previously. Undecided. I'll see how it is after service and I can use the full bike.

MPG figures. 320km on trip. Filled. 16.7L. Average on trip screen said 4.9L per 100km. Sounds about right? I think then 400km per tank is possible.

20260909_152535.jpg


20260909_170052.jpg20260909_180557.jpg20260909_180635.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20260909_152517.jpg
    20260909_152517.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 4
First issue of the Moto Guzzi ownership experience. 1493km . Dropped bike at the dealership for 1st service. And service light still isnt on. I'm pretty sure it should warn with a few 100km to go. Lets see if they can reset it.

Last night. Cleaned the bike after the PPF install and saw an oil leak. Quick AI and google search. Seems its not uncommon. Dropped bike at dealership and spoke with a technician. Good info. He said one of the main points of the first service is a bolt check. In the first heat cycles of the new engine it can weep a bit and they set a retorque process as part of service. He didn't seem concerned.

Lets see how tomorrow goes.

20260909_205818.jpgTimePhoto_20260909_234204.jpgTimePhoto_20260909_234219.jpg
 


Back
Top Bottom