The 701 Info Thread.

My 701 Enduro I ordered last year is here now (mid Feb actually) done 24 miles on it so far …. I’ve had vertigo for the last month so it’s not been out until last Sunday :blast
I’m looking for ideas and inspiration for the following must have bits ….
Heated grips. Oxford adventure ones
Screw top fuel cap went with a Nomad one
Bar risers. Bike tech +30mm
Wraparound hand guards Husky originals with ally flat bars
Mirror. Doubletakes on there way
Rad/ engine case protection Husky crash bars
Lowering link. Seperate thread to start for this subject
Rear rack +bag ( I do like the Husky bag ) Nomad rack+ Husky bag
Chain oiler system Cobra copy
Tail tidy to get rid of all that massive plastic shite and replace it with less plastic shite and a small plate
Pictures would be good to see :okay R&G equvalent
AXP skid plate

Wotcha done to yours …..?

Akrapovic exhaust £1350 :eek:

Suspension ....
Had mine set up last week for sag etc etc... spoke about a lowering link to maintain the same 250mm of travel ... he strongly advised me against that as it would upset the bikes balance etc.. he said to go for a shorter spring for the rear and he could alter and respring the front to match (30mm lower) BUT you lose another 30mm of suspension travel doing it that way. My FE 450 has 300mm. 701 has 250mm standard reduced to 220mm if you go with with shorter springs, i would prefer to keep the travel as long as possible ...
Can anyone say whether once they fitted the lowering link how the bike felt? I mean its not a highly focused track bike its a flippin dirt bike with a pensioner steering it :rob

Exhausts

Jesus christ..was hoping to remove a bit of weight but how the hell can an Akra or a Remus end can and short link pipe be over a grand for the Remus and over £1300 for the Akra?
Arrow comes in at £530ish but no one can confirm it will fit the 23 model .. pretty sure there are no chassis changes from 22-23 anyone know for sure ?
Thanks.

Suspension ....
Had mine set up last week for sag etc etc... spoke about a lowering link to maintain the same 250mm of travel ... he strongly advised me against that as it would upset the bikes balance etc.. he said to go for a shorter spring for the rear and he could alter and respring the front to match (30mm lower) BUT you lose another 30mm of suspension travel doing it that way. My FE 450 has 300mm. 701 has 250mm standard reduced to 220mm if you go with with shorter springs, i would prefer to keep the travel as long as possible ...
Can anyone say whether once they fitted the lowering link how the bike felt? I mean its not a highly focused track bike its a flippin dirt bike with a pensioner steering it :rob

I put the 40mm lowering link on mine and I can't feel any difference but I'm no riding God and a pensioner too!

Jesus christ..was hoping to remove a bit of weight but how the hell can an Akra or a Remus end can and short link pipe be over a grand for the Remus and over £1300 for the Akra?
Arrow comes in at £530ish but no one can confirm it will fit the 23 model .. pretty sure there are no chassis changes from 22-23 anyone know for sure ?
Thanks.

I went with the Wings exhaust with silent kit - IMO the best solution for the 701 and the best looking ;)

Reference lowering link - mine came with an ET Racing adjustable ht link already fitted. When I got it, it was set up at 20mm lower which I changed to 10mm lower and as of yesterday reverted to standard ht (I am 6'3"!).

So far not really noticed any handling differences between the different hts.

If I get on with the standard HT will get round to removing the ET Racing link and put back on the standard one.

Got round to swapping out the ET Racing suspension link as I wanted to lube up the linkage in any event.

Some what disappointed to find that the needle bearing on the right hand side of the ETR link are knackered - looks like the seal on that side is damaged/torn. Lucky I have the original Link to put back in :augie

Any one got a good source for new bearings?

Paul

Try Trent Valley Bearing in Nottingham. They stock most types and you could just pop in with the old cage and they will sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out with the old!

Out with the old :eek:

....and in with the new :)

Like the 701 so much that decided to buy a brand new one which could well be a candidate for "the last bike I buy before I die" :augie

nice one Paul.

must admit I was toying with the idea of doing the same on my 2021 690, although it wouldn't get me much more than a tweaked colour change and a fresh warranty, was px north of 7k? the new bikes are what nearly 10k now should drag used prices up a bit you would expect.

Just finished adding the LR tank to my 2022 model. :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpeg
    IMG_1554.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 36394EB0-FD59-42FF-8BDF-BDA8DDDBE294.jpeg
    36394EB0-FD59-42FF-8BDF-BDA8DDDBE294.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 3DF0E6C7-9807-4BDD-8562-33763F7C70E5.jpeg
    3DF0E6C7-9807-4BDD-8562-33763F7C70E5.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 151
Think I'll hang onto my *old* 2019 bike. I have no wish to get tied up in that warranty/dealer servicing malarky again.

i-kzgcD6W-XL.jpg

nice one Paul.

must admit I was toying with the idea of doing the same on my 2021 690, although it wouldn't get me much more than a tweaked colour change and a fresh warranty, was px north of 7k? the new bikes are what nearly 10k now should drag used prices up a bit you would expect.

Will PM you ;)

Think I'll hang onto my *old* 2019 bike. I have no wish to get tied up in that warranty/dealer servicing malarky again.

i-kzgcD6W-XL.jpg

Very sensible :thumb

Sensible thing would have been to have kept the 2021 one but just fancied one which I have owned from day one and then keep it long term :)

Yes, the fact that I've owned it from new definitely makes a difference :)

Well this should stop me from burning any more holes in my trousers ;)

I have a couple of holed trews myself, but somehow have never got around to fitting a cover.

I seem to recall i was going to make one once.

I have a couple of holed trews myself, but somehow have never got around to fitting a cover.

I seem to recall i was going to make one once.

Had a play with trying to get a cheap ebay sourced heat shield to fit but gave up when it started to melt all over the exhaust :blast

The Wings one as expected fits really well and goes over the original rails so they do not need to be hacksawed off- on the expensive side as Wings charge 26 euros postage but did not get charged VAT so ended up costing me £69 in total.

This Super Moto graphics kit turned up from Moto Pro in Sweden this morning - tuck a punt on it as it was 60% off from their outlet/seconds shop and as it turned out the kit looked to be in perfect condition :)

Pleased with the result

That sticker kit looks a right result Paul - thought about a carbon piece on that middle exhaust section now?

Back
Top Bottom