Garmisch !!

Dr John

Reaction score
Never been, thinking of going !!!.....Just looking for those of you that have been and your honest opinion of the whole experience ?...would you go back ??............are hotels plentiful ? ....general tips ?
Cheers

You meaning the BMW thing or just generally. I've never been for the bikes but have been to ski.

Garmisch

Dr John

If your talking about going to the BMW event in July, you won't get a hotel room of any sort now, it's the 90th anniversary of BMW in 2013, so all booked up.
Guess that tells you something about the event.

IMHO it's a great event in a wonderful setting, I've been 6 times over last 8 years.

Weather can be very hot or very wet. You takes a chance on that.

:aidan

Paddy

Should still be able to pre-book a room in a guesthouse on a B&B basis. Try the Garmisch tourist office website. Always worked for me even booking as late as Feb.

Worth a Visit

Hi Dr John,
Wife and I attended the BMW party in 2011 at the start of a tour to Slovenia etc. If we were to go again we would probably only book a couple of nights in Garmisch - for example, arrive on the Friday late afternoon and depart Sunday morning.
That gives you Friday evening at the show/party then the whole of Saturday - including the main party on Saturday night:beer:
We stayed here:-
www.brandnerhof.de/index2.html
Very welcoming and easy-going, excellent drying room (we needed that!!) and host - Clara - speaks fluent english:thumb:thumb.
It's about 5 miles from show - but is on one of the routes of the free courtesy coaches to and from the show laid on by BMW:thumb2

Cheers.......................Grizzly:beerjug:

Cheers for all the info , going 6 out of 8years speaks volumes ! and tips for late accomodation .........thank you all, I will forward my proposal to the comitee tomorrow night !!

Garmisch

Oh should have added.

Camping is cheap and easy always available, just bring a
Ear plugs if you camp bear main venue as its loud on fri sat night.

Paddy:aidan

Back
Top Bottom