Stubby exhaust 1150GS - apologies in advance...

Chap in Cheshire

Reaction score
Hallo all. I have Googled stubby exhausts and there is mention of a chap named Bryn. Even an ebay link of old that doesn't work.

Can anyone help me find a stubby for 2000 MY 1150GS?

Regards,

Christian.

Look up dominator exhausts... they are polish and still relatively cheap

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure Brynn doesn't do stubbies anymore, mostly because since then, he's had 4675 different bikes.

Do a search though and you'll find how to get one from ebay for under 15 quid

45mm on a 2000 single spark with standard cat👍

0152f34e91e69c4027d2fbff10ee2908.jpg

Got it. Rubber mallet, on it goes. Techno-Luddite, but in fairness I do try. Changed pads front and rear, took me two days - lots of corrosion mind. End can must be easy.

45mm on a 2000 single spark with standard cat👍

Interesting.....I couldn't find my calipers so I squished a bit of paper over the inlet end of the OEM silencer I have on my kitchen table then stuck it up against the rule on my leatherman (yep, real acurate high-tech here tonight :D) and it's definitely around the 54mm mark on mine...twin spark '04 GSA

I've posted a few times about stubbies, which is why I had it in my head initially that the 45mm wasn't right :nenau

It would seem that the OP should go measure his own pipe (fnaaar fnaaaar) to make sure :D

I'm going to use my thumb, forefinger and a builder's tape measure. If is too small, I will use a bigger mallet.

Yep, a stubby makes a difference - especially if touring 2-up or camping:thumb
The two FULL SIZE cases makes a big difference - plus you don't need to worry about melting the back of the case:eek:
I used to swop back to my Remus end can between big trips for a more "normal" look:confused: but sometimes I don't bother now.

Cheers................Grizzly:beerjug:

Attachments

• DSC00844_1.jpg
    DSC00844_1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,163
  • IMG_0010_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0010_1_1.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,170
I fitted the stubby purely so I could fit the larger left system pannier.
It works with the cat in place but I advise against a stubby and a y-pipe; too loud and it'll increase exhaust valve temperature.
I have the same on my Rockster and my GSA.
It's not much louder than standard tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, a stubby makes a difference - especially if touring 2-up or camping:thumb
The two FULL SIZE cases makes a big difference - plus you don't need to worry about melting the back of the case:eek:
I used to swop back to my Remus end can between big trips for a more "normal" look:confused: but sometimes I don't bother now.

Cheers................Grizzly:beerjug:

Oooh.... didn't realise you could do the full size pannier thing! I've had a stubby for ages but only put it on for a short while then took it off again. Which model bike does the bigger pannier come off then?

I think the panniers from 1100/1150RT or 1100/1150RS or 1100S and possibly a few more:thumb
You could also just buy a BASE for the larger LH case then transfer over your lid and lock/handle mechanism?

Cheers....................Grizzly:beerjug:

456ea5a78b95c62d39b0f425a12f437f.jpg

This is what I've fitted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may be wrong but that looks like all the hot exhaust gasses are going to exit right next to your pannier, possibly melting anything on that side??

On the one below, the exhaust outlet is well below and clear of the pannier.
2068e1ae7380050c03d3fabd18a697d3.jpg

eBay £9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine with pannier fitted. You've got to keep the exit well away from the pannier.

d1269e398bf6b1118fae863924f64124.jpg

Back
Top Bottom