Onahi Well-known member UKGSer Subscriber Joined Sep 19, 2004 Messages 6,554 Reaction score 647 Oct 31, 2006 #1 Can anyone tell me, what was the Garmin GPS Ewan and Charley used on thier Long way round Adventure? What unit is it compared with? Thanks Nige
Can anyone tell me, what was the Garmin GPS Ewan and Charley used on thier Long way round Adventure? What unit is it compared with? Thanks Nige
John Armstrong Well-known member UKGSer Subscriber Joined May 25, 2002 Messages 14,266 Reaction score 233 Location Siorrachd Obar Dheathain Oct 31, 2006 #2 Probably a BM Nav 2 in the BM cradle but on a TT mount.
Onahi Well-known member UKGSer Subscriber Joined Sep 19, 2004 Messages 6,554 Reaction score 647 Oct 31, 2006 #3 John Armstrong said: Probably a BM Nav 2 in the BM cradle but on a TT mount. Click to expand... Cheers But, the BMW range of GPS's, aren't they the 6210's ect? in a different case
John Armstrong said: Probably a BM Nav 2 in the BM cradle but on a TT mount. Click to expand... Cheers But, the BMW range of GPS's, aren't they the 6210's ect? in a different case
John Armstrong Well-known member UKGSer Subscriber Joined May 25, 2002 Messages 14,266 Reaction score 233 Location Siorrachd Obar Dheathain Oct 31, 2006 #4 Same case, but slightly different interfaces ie you get the compas screen as well.
Sir James Rear Stab Vest Only .... Joined Aug 6, 2005 Messages 7,557 Reaction score 0 Location Independent State of Burtoria ... Nov 1, 2006 #5 It might be a SP111 on a lockable TT mount , if you want one i know who's selling one cheap , ish also spare cards available I know wrong forum
It might be a SP111 on a lockable TT mount , if you want one i know who's selling one cheap , ish also spare cards available I know wrong forum
John Armstrong Well-known member UKGSer Subscriber Joined May 25, 2002 Messages 14,266 Reaction score 233 Location Siorrachd Obar Dheathain Nov 1, 2006 #6 John Armstrong said: Probably a BM Nav 2 in the BM cradle but on a TT mount. Click to expand... Tinking on from what I can remember when the LWR bike was at the NEC show, the bike had a BM power lead and had the cradle connector loose. TT mount is a definite (I think )
John Armstrong said: Probably a BM Nav 2 in the BM cradle but on a TT mount. Click to expand... Tinking on from what I can remember when the LWR bike was at the NEC show, the bike had a BM power lead and had the cradle connector loose. TT mount is a definite (I think )
shready Well-known member UKGSer Subscriber Joined Jan 3, 2002 Messages 9,635 Reaction score 159 Location Surrey Nov 1, 2006 #7 In the back of the book it list all their equipment and states 'Garmin GPS Unit'. They were 2610's not BMW's from what I recall. Either way it's the same unit.
In the back of the book it list all their equipment and states 'Garmin GPS Unit'. They were 2610's not BMW's from what I recall. Either way it's the same unit.
Onahi Well-known member UKGSer Subscriber Joined Sep 19, 2004 Messages 6,554 Reaction score 647 Nov 1, 2006 #8 I just wanted to know, as i have bought a Garmin 2720 and wondered how my GPS would have compared to theirs.
I just wanted to know, as i have bought a Garmin 2720 and wondered how my GPS would have compared to theirs.
judge Registered user Joined Feb 24, 2002 Messages 10,323 Reaction score 7 Location Chislehurst Borders (According to the estate agent Nov 1, 2006 #9 Onahi said: I just wanted to know, as i have bought a Garmin 2720 and wondered how my GPS would have compared to theirs. Click to expand... On your bike with you riding it you might have got beyond day 5
Onahi said: I just wanted to know, as i have bought a Garmin 2720 and wondered how my GPS would have compared to theirs. Click to expand... On your bike with you riding it you might have got beyond day 5