Off

I too am late to the party. Great pics and R&R. Looking through the pictures I thought some of them were familiar. This one is almost Identical!!

France2.jpeg

20230601_145050.jpg

The top one is a scanned Photo taken by me in 1984 as a callow 23 year old.......Top of the Col de Rousset I think??

I too am late to the party. Great pics and R&R. Looking through the pictures I thought some of them were familiar. This one is almost Identical!!

View attachment 305497

View attachment 305498

The top one is a scanned Photo taken by me in 1984 as a callow 23 year old.......Top of the Col de Rousset I think??
Yes that is the spot

The Morvan, if you want a nice place to chill that has some of the most unspoilt countryside to wander around or ride in it is the place to go, plenty of walking was done while we were there but not a lot of sight seeing, in all honesty there is not a great deal to see, that might sound a bit out of order but there isn't , the park is a destination to explore at a slow pace taking in all the atmosphere and appreciating the little things that make Morvan so special, it is not for everyone.
We did however find a couple of places that were really good and well worth a look the first one was Bibracate-Mont Beuvray it is the site of a fortified city, or should i say many fortified areas, it best if you go to the link below if you want to learn more
Oh and also you can take the road to the top if its open (you guessed right we didn't, i will kill her) you don't need to park at the museum, but it is one way and the down hill section is a bit rough (nothing to the well hard adventure rider).
pics from the area below20230603_144437.jpg20230603_154905.jpg20230603_155246.jpgDSC03457.JPGDSC03458.JPGDSC03462.JPG

The Morvan, if you want a nice place to chill that has some of the most unspoilt countryside to wander around or ride in it is the place to go, plenty of walking was done while we were there but not a lot of sight seeing, in all honesty there is not a great deal to see, that might sound a bit out of order but there isn't , the park is a destination to explore at a slow pace taking in all the atmosphere and appreciating the little things that make Morvan so special, it is not for everyone.
We did however find a couple of places that were really good and well worth a look the first one was Bibracate-Mont Beuvray it is the site of a fortified city, or should i say many fortified areas, it best if you go to the link below if you want to learn more
Oh and also you can take the road to the top if its open (you guessed right we didn't, i will kill her) you don't need to park at the museum, but it is one way and the down hill section is a bit rough (nothing to the well hard adventure rider).
pics from the area belowView attachment 305502View attachment 305503View attachment 305504View attachment 305505View attachment 305506View attachment 305507
Must get back to that area most of my French Forays have been in the North and West (y)

Great report and photos, thank you. Reminds me how much I love the French countryside, especially when exploring on two wheels!

The gorges de la Nesque is an amazing road, was resurfaced last year too. Great rides round there including the Mt Ventoux. Nice report

The gorges de la Nesque is an amazing road, was resurfaced last year too. Great rides round there including the Mt Ventoux. Nice report

The river, despite carving such a gorge, can be less awesome in places:

IMG_3602.jpeg

IMG_3601.jpeg

My parents lived not a million miles away, closer to Roussillon / Apt. A great area to ride a bike around in.

If anyone is going, this (besides Lee’s words and pictures) might be useful:

There are several other posts in the Travel section, giving route suggestions. Just put Provence into the search criteria and select titles.

Now, back to Lee….

Last edited:
As Wapping says It is indeed a wonderful area to travel on motorcycle, so many places and so little time to see them, if anyone needs any pointers in and around the area you could do worse than ask the forum.

Lets try and finish this with the last few pics from the Morvan and a few on the way back up to Calais, So Moulins-Engilbert another nice little village we found with a very good local Market that fills the streets with stalls full of local produce and crafts, we always like to have a wander around these. Along with the market is a old Ruined Chateaux that is worth a half hour of your time.
Moving a little North in the Morvan you come across Two fairly large lakes one of these being a reservoir called panneciere and the other is Lac des Settons some nice walks around these two

pics below

DSC03470.JPGDSC03474.JPGDSC03477.JPGDSC03481.JPGIMG_0854.JPGIMG_0864.JPGIMG_0866.JPGIMG_0867.JPGIMG_0869.JPGIMG_0870.JPGIMG_0872.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So Leaving the Morvan and heading up to Calais for an overnight stop and then onto home the next day via ferry , we would be stopping on the way for our lunch in the Somme area and as always with our trips we very rarely miss an opportunity to pay our respects to some of the fallen.
The Journey from the Morvan up to Calais was around 350 miles and from dover to home another 224 miles, all in all a great trip avoiding all the bad weather due to the fact we had no plan and could move at will, of course doing it that way may not suit others but for us, and certainly when camping it gives us the freedom to move and follow the good weather where possible. last pics Rancourt Cemetery Containing the graves of 8,566 men, and one photo from above a door in Mont Brun Les Bains, thanks for all the kind words.

20230609_133033.jpg20230609_133235.jpg20230609_133413.jpg20230609_133520.jpgDSC03372.JPG

Back
Top Bottom