Planned weekend route for late Feb 2006

Wanderer

Reaction score
Hello Friends of Anne Robinson!

I posted a thread in the pub section about best use of weekend passes a friend and I both have for late Feb 2006. As a result, we've decided on Wales. We've done a bit of research on best biking routes (starting from Bolton early on Saturday morning and finishing in Bolton late Sunday afternoon).

I've attacched a map source file of our first draft of our route. If anyone can read this file, I'd be grateful for any suggested amendments based upon your local knowledge. We're planning to stop over in Brecon on the Saturday night.

Many thanks, Will

Attachments

• Wales 2006.gdb
    116.4 KB · Views: 89
Last year we went to Portmeirion (home of the "Prisoner"), Snowdonia etc...

I managed to locate some Fords (not completely successfull in finding all of them) and found some good forest trails (I was 2 up so had to be careful but it was not too slippery).

Set your GPS for 'shortest' routes - it will be a lot more interesting than 'quickest'.

Attachments

• Wales.gdb
    137.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Wales.jpg
    Wales.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 150
Will said:
Hello Friends of Anne Robinson!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope her botox turns to lard.

I'll put some routes on a mapsource file for you by the weekend for Mid Wales.

Abergwesyn, Elan Valley, Nant-y-moch.

PW

Thanks Guys. The only potential problem is that my friend rides an R1100RS, so water crossings are, unfortunately, not an option.

Will said:
Thanks Guys. The only potential problem is that my friend rides an R1100RS, so water crossings are, unfortunately, not an option.

I thought the Welsh were out of the dark ages, and had bridges? Or is it the language that's still there :confused:

John Armstrong said:
I thought the Welsh were out of the dark ages, and had bridges? Or is it the language that's still there :confused:

John

Simply that some of the waypoints already mentioned in the responses to my original post looked like they involved very minor roads. As such I was just pointing out that we couldn't undertake any fording.

Will

I've attached a mapsource file with some routes that I regularly do, they are tight and twisty in parts with no fords (Unless you've got really bad weather)

P.S Watch out for the farmers :D

Attachments

• Welsh routes Mid-Wales.gdb
    104.5 KB · Views: 68
PW Cymru said:
I've attached a mapsource file with some routes that I regularly do, they are tight and twisty in parts with no fords (Unless you've got really bad weather)

P.S Watch out for the farmers :D

Can't thank you enough. Cheers.

PW Cymru said:
PW Cymru's suggestion covers the routes I was going to propose. The waypoints 'road2' and 'road3' are the Elan Valley--spectacular. The route from Tregaron to Llandovery via 'road1' takes in the Devil's Staircase.

See here: http://www.pointandsquirt.co.uk/roads.html

Tim

Back
Top Bottom